this weather is so disrespectful to little Miss Summer Sparkle Hair. I mean seriously, I’m not with doing her hair every other day, but I have no choice. Last week, I truly just let her beast, which was probably one of the dumbest things I could ever do. I basically set myself up for torture. Knowing good and well, that leaving her hair to do it’s own thing, was only going to result in tangles, mattyness ( i made this word up), screams, cries and major attitude when it came time to do her hair. After traveling last week, I was in no mood to do any hair. like none. barely felt like putting any oil in it. but that’s just taking my laziness wayyyy too far. So anyway, here I am sharing our summer hair regimen. FOUR BOMB products + our olive oil + Denman brush= FLUFFY, SHINY, BOUNCY TWIST OUT.
Ok enough of me being extra. Let’s get into this twist out! So we went and picked up this shampoo which is on sale right now, run and get it. thank me later. One of our readers ( thanks girl)suggested trying out this masque, which I’m surprised I didn’t have, have the shampoo but not the conditioner or the masque. crazy right? Well, you don’t ever have to worry about me not buying this masque again, OMG. Saves lives, not literally, well maybe a little when it comes to doing Sparkle’s hair. lol
Here are my steps:
- look at how messy her hair looks and pray.
- lay her on the counter with towel under her head right in the kitchen like momma used to do you and sink and begin to wash with this shampoo.
- rinse and get her comfy in chair to start detangle process.
- start from the back ( her problem area), spray parted area until it’s dripping wet, apply masque and brush through with denman brush starting from the ends and working your way up.
- twist the detangled area, ( yes with masque still in the hair, trust me)
- continue step 4+5 until entire head is done
- have 20 mins of soothing + quiet time while masque is doing its magic
- rinse our the masque with twist in, gently
- apply olive oil + leave in conditioner and 1 pump of fresh curl to each section of twist and reply. Add water when needed so ends curl up nice and tight.
- thank GOD you made it through another wash day and for the fact that ya child still loves you.